Name: Dr Sanjay Kumar
Education: MBBS, MS(surgery), Mch (CARDIO VASCULAR AND THORACIC SURGERY)
Alma Mater: JLN MEDICAL COLLEGE(AJMER)
PATNA MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL(Patna)
SAWAI MAN SINGH MEDIAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL(JAIPUR)
- MedantaAbdurRazzaque Ansari Memorial Weavers Hospital, Ranchi.
- MedantaTheMedicity hospital, Gurgaon.
- Batra Hospital and research institute, Delhi.
- Max Devki Devi superspeciality hospital, Saket, New delhi.
- VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, Newdelhi.
VISION & MISSION
I consider it as a great honour and privilege to serve the people , I strive to deliver the most advanced cardiovascular care of international standards.
- I have been trained in Cardiac Thoracic and Vascular Surgery (congenital cardiac defects, adult heart disease and Aortic surgery) at Medanta The Medicity Gurgaon.
- Trained in Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysms and Aortic Dissections
- Trained in cardiac transplant and Assist device at University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, (USA)
- After my training in CTVS ( complete spectrum of cardio Thoracic and vascular surgery ) at Sawai Man Singh Hospital Jaipur, I joined Max Devki devi super speciality hospital with Dr Anil bhan for advance training and I was core member of his Team. In 2008 I joined Global Health Pvt. Ltd. led by Dr Naresh Trehan where I was actively involved in starting the cardio thoracic and vascular surgery programme. I was a core member of heart transplant team at Medanta the Medicity Gurgaon. I have performed more than 2000 cases independently and participated in management of more than 2500 adult and pediatric cardiac surgeries per year.
- Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysm
In this procedure, aortic aneurysms (abnormal , localised dilated great artery ) are repaired via Endovascular (percutaneous route) route without surgery.
- Hybrid repairs of aortic aneurysm
In hybrid repair of aneurysm of ascending aorta , aortic arch, and upper abdominal aorta is undertaken through least invasive procedure ( Debranching of aneurysmal segment of aorta followed by endovascular Repair ).
Heart transplant is done for terminal cardiac ailment not responding to medical treatment (cardiomyopathy), irrepairable cardiac defects and patients on artificial circulatory support (ECMO or VAD) due to terminal cardiac disease.
- Ventricular assist devices
Ventricular assist devices (special blood pumps ) are implanted to pump blood from left ventricles to aorta (LVAD) or from right ventricle to pulmonary artery (RVAD) . It can be temporary to give some time ( weeks to months) for the heart to recover from insult (It acts as Bridge to recovery ) or till the patient gets a heart transplant (Bridge to transplant ) or can be used as permanent solution ( destination therapy ) .